20 years ago a seed was sown. A fully functional clothes bank in Mangalore helped thousands of people who could not afford good clothes. Fast forward to Bangalore in 2021, history repeats but in a big way. Imagine Clothes Bank (let’s say 2.0) is born.
Yes, Imagine Clothes Bank is a clothes showroom for the poor. Who doesn’t like walking into a well decorated place and picking clothes of their choice? If you and I enjoy this experience, why should the less-fortunate be deprived of this?
Pre-loved and new clothes are made available to beneficiaries every Sunday at Electronics City, Bangalore. The centre caters to the needs of close to over 150 families every week.
At the Imagine Clothes Bank, you will see love, respect, dignity and the right to choose in action. In order to uphold the dignity of the beneficiaries, we charge Re 1 per article of clothing. This money in turn is used to fund the educational or medical needs of a family in need. Through this initiative, we want to create a complete cycle, where not only do beneficiaries receive help from Imagine but also contribute to a greater cause.
Here are a few snapshots
How to support us?
- · Contribute towards the expenses of the clothes bank
Account Name: The Imagine Trust
Branch Name: Infosys Bangalore Branch
Account Number: 055205000152
IFSC code: ICIC0000552
Account Type: Current Account
UPI payments on number : 9611977074
- Volunteer at our centre
- Be a champion and help us collect clothes and toys
- Spread the word on social and mainstream media
- Please follow the guidelines for donation of clothes
- You can drop them at our centre (Imagine Clothes Bank) from Monday to Saturday (9 am to 1pm)
- You can also send them to the centre through various delivery platforms such as Porter, Wefast and Swiggy Genie. Kindly note that expenses will NOT be borne by Imagine.
- You can send them by courier to The Imagine Trust, No 97, Beratena Agrahara, Lava Kusha Layout, Electronics City Post, Bangalore 560100. Ph: + 91 9611977074